OpenCog aims to provide research scientists and software developers with a common platform to build and share artificial intelligence programs. The long-term goal of OpenCog is acceleration of the development of beneficial AGI (artificial general intelligence), a goal which includes developing tools and protocols for AGI safety.
The OpenCog Framework which provides an OS-like infrastructure and stable APIs, and encompasses components written using C++ Templates and the Boost libraries:
- AtomSpace a shared library for fast in-memory knowledge representation, providing hybrid data structures to integrate and manipulate connectionist and symbolic knowledge
- CogServer a container and scheduler for plug-in cognitive algorithms;
Various OpenCog Projects that use or communicate with the OCF including
- Cognitive algorithm plug-ins MOSES, PLN and others
- Interfaces and proxies, e.g. CogBot, an interface to OpenSim
- Stand-alone but closely coupled projects, e.g. RelEx, a natural language pre-processor
- Changes to previous version:
Initial Announcement on mloss.org.
No one has posted any comments yet. Perhaps you'd like to be the first?
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post comments.