Google Summer of Code 2012
Posted by Cheng Soon Ong on April 24, 2012
The list of Google Summer of Code (GSoC) students for 2012 has been announced.
For young programmers, it is probably the easiest way to get your foot into the door by showing that you can contribute to something worthwhile. For open source projects, it is an injection of fresh blood. For academics looking for programmer types, it is good way to differentiate between all the applicants with top marks from universities which you personally do not know.
Among the mentoring organisations which may be of interest to the machine learning community:
- Battle for Wesnoth with 5 students
- cgal with 4 students
- CMU Sphinx with 6 students
- DBpedia spotlight with 4 students
- Genome Informatics with 2 students
- Gephi consortium with 5 students
- Hedgewars project with 5 students
- National Resource for Network Biology with 16 students
- Open Bioinformatics Foundation with 5 students
- Open CV with 12 students
- OpenCog foundation with 5 students
- Orange with 5 students
- shogun with 8 students, and I'm mentoring here.
- SimpleCV with 4 students
A warm welcome to everyone!
No one has posted any comments yet. Perhaps you'd like to be the first?
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post comments.